Celebrating Gallup’s Northside every September, NorthFest brings the entire community together to create art, share stories, enjoy live music, and have fun. At the end of the day, NorthFest is all about what makes the Northside so great: the people!
The third annual NorthFest will be Saturday, September 14 from 10am – 3pm at the Larry Brian Mitchell Recreation Center.
- Make arts and crafts:
- Build a rocket ship to send into outer space with the Octavia Fellin Public Library Children’s Branch.
- Get your hands dirty with a clay tile workshop presented by local potter Steve Marti.
- Create a piece to add to a collaborative community mosaic with gallupARTS.
- Go on an adventure:
- Travel back in time to the age of the dinosaurs with an interactive exhibit by ATD-4th World.
- Learn Chinese calligraphy with local artist Hongying Zhang.
- Play larger-than-life-sized games in the giant game tent.
- Explore new toys with the UNM Early Childhood Services Toy Lending & Resource Library.
- Build sky-high block towers with Steve Rogers.
- Have fun with:
- Free balloon animals by Hal Condon!
- Free face painting by Lynette Curley!
- Dance and sing along to live music:
- Enjoy good eats from a local food truck:
- Phat Grandma’s Food Truck
- Coco’s Hawaiian Shaved Ice
- One more food truck TBA!
The second annual NorthFest was held on September 15, 2018 at UNM-Gallup’s North Campus.
NorthFest 2018 was captured in video–watch it!
We also got some great pictures of the event–see below!
Our inaugural event was held September 15, 2017 at UNM-Gallup’s North Campus. Read all about 2017’s event on our blog: https://www.galluparts.org/northfestblog/
Check out pictures from NorthFest 2017 below.
NorthFest is sponsored by City Councilor Linda Garcia.